Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lamb cutlets with black olive tapenade



I love little lamb cutlets, I love them so much that I could eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner… one of the great things about being married to Captain Vegetarian is that I know I never have to share my  little lamb cutlets or have to worry about them being stolen from plate !

Normally I wouldn’t bother with adding anything to my lamb apart from olive oil, salt and pepper as I don’t see the need to mess with perfection. Occasionally I will also use lemon juice, garlic and rosemary and if I am really looking for flavour punch I will break out the black olive tapenade.
The saltiness of the tapenade goes beautifully with the sweetness of the lamb making this an amazing combination.

Please don’t worry about making your tapenade from scratch as I don’t. Find yourself a good deli, buy it and jazz it up with a little black pepper olive oil and lemon juice, trust me no one will ever know …

Serves 2
6-8 lamb cutlets (depending how greedy you are feeling)
1 teaspoon black olive tapenade per cutlet
1 tablespoon olive oil
Handful chopped parsley
Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Lemon wedges to serve

Heat a non stick frypan on med- high heat.

Rub olive oil over the lamb cutlets and season with se salt and cracked black pepper.

Add cutlets to your frypan and cook on one side for 3 minutes. Turn them over; add tapenade to each cutlet and cook for a further 2 minutes. This will give you lovely pink lamb; if you feel the need to cook it longer go right ahead. My preference is towards the rare side.

Serve on warmed plates with parley and lemon wedges…if you are feeing fancy drizzle with a little olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment