Monday, February 14, 2011

Jamie Oliver’s cauliflower macaroni and cheese



A meal created using three cheeses makes Captain Vegetarian a very happy boy…and slightly suspicious. I happened to make this dish the other night -

a)      because I new the Captain would love it
b)      I happened to have all of the ingredients

Unfortunately my beloved Captain Vegetarian thought I was about to ask for something and was trying to get into his good books…Seriously why are men so suspicious of things done out of the goodness of your heart? We females are not devious and conniving creatures all the time are we…
Serves 4
400grams macaroni
½ head cauliflower cut in to small flowerets
10 fresh sage leave chopped finely
250grams crème fraiche
200gramss good cheddar cheese grated
100grams parmesan cheese grated
60grams soft goat’s cheese
Sea salt and white pepper to taste

Fill a large put of water and bring to the boil, add macaroni and cauliflower and cook until macaroni is al dente. Drain and set aside.

Add crème fraiche, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese goat’s cheese and sage to a pot and cook over a very low heat until combined. The cheese sauce should have a silky consistency. Do not over cook as the sauce will separate. Season well will salt and white pepper.

Add sauce to macaroni and cauliflower and combine will. Add mixture to an oven proof dish and pop under the grill until slightly browned.

Serve with a loving smile …

Note – In Jamie’s recipe he uses parsley instead of sage. I happened to have sage and I thought it would make the dish a little more “grown up”. I also added the goat’s cheese as once again I happened to have it in the fridge and I liked the ides of using three cheeses…

No comments:

Post a Comment