Monday, February 7, 2011

Oven baked pumpkin and sage risotto



I adore risotto, it’s a one pot dinner that sooths and rejuvenates the sole. However for some reason the thought of being tied to the stove ladling hot stock and stirring continuously for how ever long it takes to cook does nothing for me at all. I struggle to get my risotto just right when I choose this method. I am sure that traditionalist are baulking at me as they read this but I promise you, cooking your risotto in the oven gives you the most creamy, velvety and flavourful risotto with minimal effort.
Seriously who doesn’t love the thought of a dinner consisting of ten minutes chopping, combining your ingredients and bunging it in the oven for 45 minutes?

This dish is a perfect week night supper when you have had a busy day and cooking is not high on the agenda…

Serves 2
1cup Arborio or Carnaroli rice
1 leek cleaned and sliced finely into little half moons
400grams pumpkin cubed
10 fresh sage leaves
30 grams butter
2 cups of vegetable stock
½ cup dry white wine
1/3 finely grated parmesan cheese
Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Preheat your oven 190◦C

Add rice, leek, pumpkin, sage, butter, stock and wine to on ovenproof pan and give it all a good stir.

Cover pan with tight fitting lid or aluminium foil and put in the oven for 45 minutes. Stir in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and allow to stand for five minutes.

Serve in warmed bowls and sprinkle with a little more parmesan cheese…best eaten when sitting on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment