Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cauliflower mash


I love my veggies, even as little girl my mum never had issues with me eating my vegetables, actually the more I think about it she never had any trouble getting me to eat anything… It would appear I was classed as greedy child, a bit of a glutton really.

On one of my recent excursions to the farmers market I came across the cauliflowers. Being a caring and nurturing person I felt I should give one of these cauliflowers a good home. That evening I only had one dish in mind… Cauliflower Mash.
For the members of the low carb movement, cauliflower mash it is a substitute for mash potatoes. I however look at cauliflower mash a delicious and velvety treat that leaves mash potato for dead!

Serves 2 …Generously
½ head of cauliflower cut into flowerets
1 glove garlic
¼ cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
Sea salt and Pepper to taste

Add cauliflower and garlic to a saucepan of salted boiling water and cook until cauliflower is lovely and soft.

Drain cauliflower and garlic well in a colander and allow to cool slightly before adding to a food processor. Add the parmesan cheese, Greek yoghurt and process until smooth and velvety. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Note – I prefer white pepper in this dish as it gives it a nice flavour and keeps the colour of the cauliflower nice and white. However if you prefer cracked back pepper go right a head and feel free to sprinkle with some lovely fresh chives or parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment